September 10, 2018
We made it through the first few days of school! Hooray! I will be sending home my weekly newsletter on Mondays to keep you updated. Sometimes after a long day at school, you may ask your child, what did you do in school today; their answer is usually, “Nothing”! Well hopefully I can change that! I will try to keep you updated on my webpage and try and post pictures so you can catch a glimpse into your child’s daily routine.
Today the children will have their first Library time! Mrs. Tremblay will be their Library teacher. They will be able to take books home in a few weeks.
PLEASE SEND IN AN APPLE BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14H. PUT THE APPLE IN A BAGGY AND LABEL IT.
- Gym is on Tuesdays, starting tomorrow. Please wear gym uniforms and sneakers to school.
- Please send in your child’s supplies, if you have not done so, please label everything.
- A folder will go home everyday, and should be returned the next day, this is how we will send notices, both from home and school.
- If your child is attending aftercare, please send me a note. If you know it’s a permanent schedule, just send me in a note stating such.
- Our Mascot, Clifford the big red dog, will be going home twice a week, starting Wednesday. When he is returned, your child will get to bring in three favorite items, to “show and tell”.
The first days of school were learning routines and rules. We will be reviewing all the rules every day. Some of you sent in notebooks and extra supplies. I am sending them home because the children do not have their own desks; their personal space is limited.
Friday, we attended First Friday Mass, the children were amazing! We ended the day by meeting our 8th grade buddies. We are learning our prayers and learning left from right. I have pencil grips for each student. The most important ingredient of handwriting is holding the pencil properly.
Starting today, I will introduce the weekly Reading story, start Math, Handwriting and Religion. But…SLOWLY! We have our first 2 💖words: I, am. In their folder is a paper called “Family Times”. This paper contains work for your child to do at home that corresponds with this week’s story.
Everything I do I will go into further detail at Back to School Night, Thursday, September, 14th @ 6:30 in Fr. Gillis Hall followed by Parent’s Night in the classroom. I would like to welcome Alissa Turner and Andrea Buonopane as our room Moms. They will be in charge organizing parties, lists, etc. Thank you!
Please develop a habit of checking the website, I update it almost everyday! It is easier for me to update the website, then to send home messages. I will email parents when something comes up that needs your immediate attention.
Email me with any concerns, comments, or anything that needs my attention: email@example.com
REMEMBER….WE ARE A TEAM!...TEAM KINDERGARTEN!!!