September 09, 2019
We made it through the first few days of school! Hooray! I will be sending home my weekly newsletter on Mondays to keep you updated. Sometimes after a long day at school, you may ask your child, what did you do in school today; their answer is usually, “Nothing”! Well hopefully I can change that! I will try to keep you updated on my webpage and try and post pictures so you can catch a glimpse into your child’s daily routine.
PLEASE SEND IN AN APPLE BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th. PUT THE APPLE IN A BAGGY AND LABEL IT.
- A folder will go home every day. Please return it everyday. This is how school notices are communicated.
- Library is on Mondays until January, then it will switch to Friday mornings.
- Gym is on Tuesdays, starting tomorrow. Please wear gym uniforms and sneakers to school. If your child has a sweatshirt, please make sure their name is on it!
- Art is on Wednesdays, please send in an old, oversized tee shirt.
- If your child is attending aftercare, taking the bus, etc. please send me a note. If you know it’s a permanent schedule, just send me a note stating such.
- Our Mascot, Clifford the big red dog, will be going home twice a week, starting Wednesday. When he is returned, your child will get to bring in three favorite items, to “show and tell”.
The first days of school were learning routines and rules. We will be reviewing all the rules every day. Some of you sent in notebooks and extra supplies. I am sending them home because the children do not have their own desks; their personal space is limited.
Friday, we attended First Friday Mass, the children were amazing! We ended the day by meeting our 8th grade buddies. We are learning our prayers and learning left from right. I have pencil grips for each student. The most important ingredient of handwriting is holding the pencil properly.
Starting today, I will introduce the weekly Reading story This week’s story is The Little School Bus. We also will start Math, learning about the numbers 1-5. We will also incorporate Handwriting and Religion. But…SLOWLY! We have our first 2 💖(sight words) words: I, am. Morning Work will consist of reviewing a letter of the alphabet every day. In their folder today is a paper called “Family Times”. This paper contains work for your child to do at home that corresponds with this week’s story.
Everything I do I will go into further detail at Back to School Night, Thursday, September 12th @ 6:30 in Fr. Gillis Hall followed by Parent’s Night in the classroom. I would like to welcome Lisa Guild, Ella’s Mom, as our room Mom. She will be in charge of organizing parties, lists, etc. Thank you Mrs. Guild!
Please develop a habit of checking the website, I update it almost everyday! It is easier for me to update the website, then to send home messages. I will email parents when something comes up that needs your immediate attention.
Email me with any concerns, comments, or anything that needs my attention: firstname.lastname@example.org
REMEMBER….WE ARE A TEAM!...TEAM KINDERGARTEN!!!