Field trips are valuable for students of all ages. Other than giving them a chance to stretch their legs, there are many reasons why field trips still deserve a place in education today:
- They give students a chance to connect classroom lessons to real-life experiences and tangible artifacts.
- They give students access to culture, history, and art that may be left out of the regular curriculum.
- The sensory, physical, and social aspects of field trips enrich learning experiences.
- Different environments allow teachers to design new and real-world challenges.
- They can help students prepare for life after graduation and future careers.
- They’re fun!