Home Alone Program for Grades 3-6
Dear 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Grade Parents / Guardians,
If you are like most parents, you may vacillate about when / if you should / could you ever leave your child home alone? As our children struggle for independence and might not want to accompany you on certain errands – we are still plagued with wanting to keep them safe.
Well, the SJS PTO has connected with Frank Olivieri to present a Home Alone Safety Training for Grades 3-6. Frank is annually CORI / SORI Compliance Checked and conducts many of these programs within our community.
Is your child ready to stay home alone?
Home Alone Safety Training for Kids is a readiness program that will equip your child with the tools they need to safely stay at home alone. Whether your child currently stays home alone or is taking the first steps towards being without adult supervision, this program will teach them valuable personal safety skills that will build their confidence and eliminate their fears. Participants will engage in fun activities and interactive discussions in a positive learning environment, and will learn to make safe decisions on what to do vs. what not to do when staying home alone.
- Confidence & Readiness Strategies
- Walking Home & Arriving Home Safely
- Securing Your Home
- Key Safety
- Checking-In with Parents
- Basic First Aid & Preventing Injuries
- Creating a Safe and Positive Environment
- Safe Snacks & Activities
- Someone’s at the Door
- Taking Care of Siblings & Pets
- Dangers of Strangers, Bullies, & Friends
- Phone, Internet, Video Games, and Social Media Safety
- Creating an Emergency Contact List
- Handling Real-Life Situations and Emergencies
- Creating Action Plans
- Being Aware of Your Surroundings
- Trust, Communication, & Good Decision Making
- 10 Golden Rules of Being Home Alone
Date: Thursday, April 25 from 2:30 to 5 p.m.
Cost: $45 cash or check payable to "SJS PTO". Please send payment in an envelope with your child's name as soon as possible to confirm your child’s spot in the program.
PTO will supply a snack and water. Pamphlets and handouts will be provided. Materials will be sent home for parents and guardians to create safe environments and family emergency action plans.
Please contact PTO@stjosephschoolwakefield.org with any questions.