Absence / Health Concerns
If your child is absent, please make arrangements for a sibling or friend to take home their missed work. It's amazing how much we cover in a day and I don't want any student to become overwhelmed.
If at any time this year you want your child to have lozenges at his/her desk for a sore throat, cough, etc. please drop me a note. Remind your child s/he is never to share any cough drops with any other student for safety and health reasons.
Please let me know if you have any concerns about your child's vision, hearing or allergies. Many children begin to wear glasses around the age of 8 to 9. I have included the information below for your reference.
Signs that a child might have vision problems
- Squinting, closing or covering one eye
- Holding a book close to the face
- Losing his/her place while reading
- Headache, nausea or dizziness
- Excessive clumsiness
- Tilting the head to one side
- Frequent daydreaming
- Using a finger as a place mark while reading
- Performing below potential
- Rubbing eyes repeatedly
Source: Vision Council of America