Saint Joseph School is pleased to provide full day Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten is available from 8:00 AM to 2:05 PM
- All Kindergarten students attend class Monday through Friday.
- The following special classes are provided:
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Introduction to Science
- Buddy Program
- Kindergarten screening required
- Progress report from current Preschool
- Student must be 5 years old by August 31st of the upcoming school year.
- Exception: if child has attended Saint Joseph School's Early Childhood Program, has the recommendation of previous teachers and principal, and child will turn 5 years old by September 30 of the school year.
Many parents struggle with determining whether their child is ready to enroll in Kindergarten. We have included below two documents to help you evaluate your child's readiness based on certain skills that are generally expected upon entrance to Kindergarten and upon completion of Kindergarten. We have also included a document below entitled "The Myth of Redshirting" which you may want to consider as you plan your child's Kindergarten enrollment.
For more information regarding the Saint Joseph School Kindergarten Program or to discuss your child's Kindergarten readiness, please call our school office at 781-245-2081.
Also, be sure to click on the link below to view the website for Mrs DiBenedetto and the current Kindergarten class!
And if you would like to get an idea of some of the fun that we have in Kindergarten, check out this video!